Lotus Limburg Tour Belgien 2014

• Hallo habe soeben diese Info bekommen. Sind im diesen Jahr die Tour mitgefahren war echt schön (bis aufs Wetter) nette Leute tolle Strecke und ca 70 Fahrzeuge! Vieleicht schon mal vormerken :thumbup: .
    Gruß Albert.

Form und Funktion sollten eins sein, verbunden in einer spirituellen Einheit :/

• Hello Albert,

Thanks for posting this and for the kind words.

We look forward to meeting some German Lotus fanatics at our Lotus Tour Limburg 2014.
    We are very busy looking for the right roads to make sure our participants can enjoy a nice day out.
    The starting point stays the same, but we will be heading in another direction.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if any further information is needed. You can write me
    In German if you like. I can understand it, but I'm no good at writing it. Sorry for that.  :S

You can also visit our website https://www.lotus-forum.de/www.lotustourlimburg.be or visit our Facebook page.

Kind regards
    Thierry
    Lotus Tour Limburg

• Hallo ,

Wo geht denn die Strecke genau entlang . Ich dürfte doch von Trier nicht so weit haben . Oder ?

Es sind von Trier nach Tongern in Belgien ca 2 Stunden Fahrzeit. Von dort aus geht es mit Hilfe eines Roadbook ca 210km durch die Belgische Eifel. Es gibt immer wieder kleine Pausen, Mittagessen und zum Abschluß ein Abendessen. Die Palette der Fahrzeuge erstreckt sich über mehr als 30 Jahre Lotus Geschichte. Uns hat es sehr gut gefallen.

Hello Thierry,

i hope that more German Lotus driver visit the nice Lotus Tour Limburg. See you next year Albert and Andrea. :thumbup:

Form und Funktion sollten eins sein, verbunden in einer spirituellen Einheit :/

• Es sind von Trier nach Tongern in Belgien ca 2 Stunden Fahrzeit. Von dort aus geht es mit Hilfe eines Roadbook ca 210km durch die Belgische Eifel. Es gibt immer wieder kleine Pausen, Mittagessen und zum Abschluß ein Abendessen. Die Palette der Fahrzeuge erstreckt sich über mehr als 30 Jahre Lotus Geschichte. Uns hat es sehr gut gefallen.

Last year we drove through "Die Belgische Eifel". This year we'll be heading in another direction.
    The formula stays the same. (Breakfast, detailed roadbook for tour 1, lunch, detailed road book for tour 2, diner)
    Our aim is to let our participants enjoy a nice day out with their Lotus amongst other Lotus-fanatics.
    Nice roads, nice food and and a nice atmosphere.

To give you an idea of the distance from Germany:
    Aachen - Tongeren (starting point) is a 50 minute drive.
    Orsmaal (finish) - Aachen is a 65 minute drive.

• Ist von deiner neuen Heimat aus ja direkt um die Ecke :P

Bingo! Aber selbst aus der alte Heimat ist es net so weit, fahre ich gerne hin! Die Bilder von 2013 haben mich überzeugt... :D

==================================================================================
    Beschleunigung ist, wenn die Tränen der Ergriffenheit waagrecht zum Ohr hin abfliessen - Walter Röhrl

• Hi guys,

One week left till LTL2014.
    Today we received the registration from our 60th car participant.

We would like to thank our German Lotus fellas for registering.

We hope you guys will have a fantastic day out amongst other Lotus-lovers.

The first half of the day you guys will be able to drive at a nice smooth pace.
    In the afternoon the roads will be bit narrower.

No need to eat before you drive of to Tongeren. There's plenty to eat at
    the breakfast buffet.

See you next Sunday.  :thumbup:

• Hi Thierry,

No 56 / four places ahead of Peter :D

Money is on the way ...

See you next Sunday!

Thomas

65 cars registered so far + 5 cars from team LTL.
    The market place in Tongeren will be crowded. :D

6 German cars at the start.
    Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys and see you guys this Sunday.

Kind regards
    Thierry

• Hi again,

Team LTL would like to thank al our German Lotus-friends who participated at Lotus Tour Limburg.
    We hope you guys and girl enjoyed our tour. We hope to see you next year.

Please let us know what you thought about it (positive and negative).

PS: One thing worth mentioning and explaining; Bernd Heiser and Peter Winands registered but didn't
    show up or pay. We can understand that you can't make it over to Belgium due to whatever reason.
    It would be nice if you let use know this before we have to ask you. When we receive an answer on
    friday saying that you can't make it on sunday it's too late to inform our catering. We ended up paying
    for your food and drinks. If you would have let us know earlier we could have cancelled your registration.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thiva (1. Juli 2014 um 13:16)

• Hey Thierry,

thanks for your comment! It was a great organization and you selected fantastic locations for the various "pit stops".
    Well done and very professional. And we met many nice guys! So thanks for being friendly to an odd group of ugly Germans :thumbup:
    The weather, well, I can't blame you for that...

Since you asked ... I would have like the roads to be a bit more curvy/hilly/speedy. If I remember well during one of the last years events you went down to the Ardennes region. That, or something similar, would have been perfect. The roads this year, probably in combination with the weather, sometimes reminded me at the Rallye Paris-Dakar :whistling: . Now, I know that is exaggerating things somewhat, but it took all my power to calm down all the horsepowers in my Evo, who wanted to run like hell but I couldn't let them...

Anyhow, it was a pleasant and memorable day!

Please allow me one comment to one of the German no-shows, Peter, whom I happen to know. I heard a different version of the story and would assume that is was rather a miscommunication than any bad intentions. I understand a certain anger on your side, but you might want to fight this out by private messages (or simply confiscate his car, next time he crosses the border to Belgium 8o - it is made of plastic, so it probably will just barely pay the bill ...).

Thanks again for organizing the tour and keep posting any upcoming event!

Tom

• Hi Tom,

The bad weather indeed messed up some of the roads. Sorry for that. But like you already mentioned; you can't blame us for that.
    It has been pooring down in the last days before the event. If there will be a LTL2015 we might head back to the Ardennes. We'll see.

As far ast the no-shows are concerned. No need to "fight this out", but I just wanted to point out this has cost us money.
    We charge you guys and girls 65,- euro's and nearly every euro out of that budget is used to give our participants a great time.
    You can do the maths.

Anyway. If we organize LTL2015 I'll post it here too.

Kind regards.
    Thierry

• Hey Thierry,

the "no-shows" are bad - no argument about that. Bringing this issue to the table I believe is a sensitive matter.
    You did it with a very professional attitude and thus handled it very well.

See you next year in the Ardennes ...

Tom

• Termin ist im Kalender notiert...................wenn nichts dazwischen kommt sind wir dabei.
    muss man sich dort irgendwo anmelden.................mein belgisch ist nicht so gut................um nicht zu sagen GARNICHT!!!!!!

We will put the registration form online a few months before the event. I'll also post a reminder over here.
    No need to speak Dutch. Some of us can help you out in German, French or English.