mehr lob für den Evora 400

• frisch von der lotus pr presse. evora 400 gewinnt silber beim road & track preformance car of the year 2017 award
    http://www.lotuscars.com/news/engineeri…rmance-car-year

original artikel aus road & track
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a3…ar-of-the-year/

tldr
    on track
    The M4 GTS may have our editor-in-chief's vote, but almost without exception, the rest of the staff reserved their highest praise for the Evora. "The ideal track car,"DeMatio raves. "Sublime purity." "No balancing act," Sorokanich notes, "just balance." Of the nine cars here, only the Evora feels absolutely at home around NCM. Aside from the Grand Sport, no other car in the test lets you get this up close and personal with its limits right away, encouraging me to take chances that I didn't feel comfortable taking on short notice elsewhere. But not even the Corvette can challenge the organic feedback of the Evora's steering and brake pedal.
    So why is it the slowest car in the test? In a word: tires. Seven of the nine cars came prepared with low-treadwear track tires like the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or the Pirelli P Zero Corsa. The Evora, by contrast, arrived with ordinary Pilot Super Sports. It is also one of just three cars with fewer than 500 horses on call. On the positive side, the AP Racing brakes didn't fade a whisker during two days' worth of track driving—particularly impressive when you consider that it was probably the most popular car in pit lane.

final verdict
    Two of our 10 voters chose the Lotus Evora 400 for first place
    "The car that I had to be pulled out of because I wouldn't get out otherwise. The winner for me," Okulski says. Alone in our group, the Evora offers traditional proportions, tidy exterior dimensions, and the close-coupled cockpit that was considered an essential component of a sporting vehicle for the entirety of automotive history prior to the turn of the century. It makes everything else on the market look obese and gluttonous. Fully deserving of the ACBC badge on its nose, this brave and charming two-plus-two is perhaps the finest over-the-road enthusiast vehicle available for sale at any price.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spochtsgeist (4. November 2016 um 13:46)